Mushroom Recipes - Roasted Mushroom Burger
8 oz. crimini mushrooms
2 oz. shiitake mushrooms
2 oz. oyster mushrooms
1/4 cup olive oil
3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided 1/2 pound ground chuck
1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Thinly slice all of the mushrooms and toss in olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a metal sheet pan and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a food processor pulse the mushrooms into a fine dice.
- Gently mix the mushrooms with beef and form into four 4 oz. patties.
- Refrigerate the patties for 15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Season the patties evenly with 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the patties to the skillet. Note: The patties are delicate so be careful when laying into pan.
- Press the patties firmly with a spatula and cook for 3 minutes until crisp on one side.
- Carefully turn the patties over and press once with a spatula. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a slice of American or sharp cheddar cheese on top. As the cheese begins to melt, place on top of your favorite toasted bun.
- Serve with whole grain mustard and shaved red onion.